A beautiful place nestled in the lap of nature, Ocean City is the perfect getaway destination for people of all ages. Located in Maryland, USA, it falls between the Atlantic Ocean and Isle of Wight Bay. The island is a major beach resort area and brings the best of both worlds together. The landscape is dominated by beautiful beaches. It isn’t a quiet and isolated island; the city is full of life. Hotels, restaurants, casinos, golf parks, amusement parks, shopping centres are so much more awaits you here. The destination can be enjoyed by all kinds of travellers. The city intrigues families, group of friends, new and old couples and solo travellers as well. Here is a list of things that you must look out for when you are in Ocean City:
- The ten-mile long beach has to be the highlight of the city. The long stretch of white sand along the ocean is something you must not miss. You could choose a quiet spot to enjoy the serene landscape to get some peace of mind. But if you want some bustle, the southern end, near the boardwalk is amazing.
- The boardwalk just cannot be missed. This three-mile boardwalk is the life of the city. You will find a lot of intriguing things on this stretch. Amazing food, arcades, shops, events and more will keep you hooked to this place. There is something for everyone here.
- No tourist destination is complete without food. Don’t forget to try the food here, with over two hundred options to choose from. Saltwater taffy from Candy Kitchen, fresh crab cakes, boardwalk fries or pizza on the boardwalk from Grottos Pizza should be on your list.
- If you are on a family vacation, spend some quality time in the amusements parks of Ocean City. You can enjoy some classic rides at Jolly Roger at the Pier or visit the other park for more. Splash Mountain is the place to go when you want to cool off in the water. The list is incomplete without Trimper’s Rides and Amusements, which offers a plethora of amazing rides for all ages.
- The city also has a lot of options for art and culture enthusiasts. You can know more about the history of the place in the Ocean City Life Saving Museum. You may visit the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum or check the exhibits at the Art League. You might also find some interesting plays at the local theatre.
- The shopaholic in you can find some interesting things at Outlet’s Ocean City or the Gold Coast Mall.
As the place is surrounded by water, the best way to spend your vacation there would be to indulge in the activities the place has to offer. You might try your hand at water sports like jet skiing, surfing, paddle boating, kayaking and canoeing. This is a place also known for its fishing opportunities. You could enjoy a boat safari, spending the day looking at adorable dolphins. Be assured of some group fun with family or friends if you rent a pontoon boat. The place is also amazing for bay fishing.
West OC Water Sports is the best company for all these activities. Their special Flounder Pounder, reputed for bay fishing, will give you memories of a lifetime. The skilled captains will take you to amazing fishing spots where you can find Bluefish, Black Sea Bass, Rockfish and more. They take care of all the things you will need for the experience so that you don’t have to worry about forgetting something. The options are endless and will leave you wanting for more. Your visit will surely be memorable in this beautiful city.